1 Day Explore & Taste Experience
- Duration: 1 Days (approx.)
- Location: Hamilton, WAIKATO
- Product code: PWA6B4
- Please note: A minimum of 2 people are required for this tour to run.
Our morning begins at the base of the Kaimai ranges, we begin our first hike of the day, climbing steadily to the top of the stunning Wairere falls. At 155metres tall, these falls are the tallest in the North Island and clear days boast spectacular views as far as the eye can see across the Waikato region from the top.
After our descent, we make our way to the heart of the Waikato. A gentle walk along the banks of Te Waihou river leads us to the famous Blue Springs producing some of the clearest and purest water in New Zealand. Not a bad setting for a picnic lunch. A region renown for it's dairy farming and local produce, it's only natural that we visit a local cheese deli to sample some of the best cheeses in New Zealand. Multi-award winning cheesemakers Over the Moon Dairy are small in size but huge on creating unique flavours with their cheese.
Our afternoon is rounded off in fine style with a visit to Vilagrads, a fifth generation, family-owned winery. Sample a selection of their award-winning wines and ports and enjoy the stunning courtyard overlooking the vines.
This tour is for nature lovers with a great appreciation for quality local artisan food and fine wine.
- $370 per person
- Fully-inclusive, guided experience
- Departs: 7.30am from Hamilton
- Returns: 4.30pm to Hamilton
- Duration: 9 hours
- TWO guided short walks
- Walks: 4.5 hours total
- Grade: Moderate to challenging (steep climb up Wairere Falls of 1.5 - 2hours)
- Note: A minimum of 2 people are required for this tour to run