1 Day Coast & Cuisine Experience
- Duration: 1 Days (approx.)
- Location: Hamilton, WAIKATO
- Product code: P100HF
- Please note: A minimum of 2 people are required for this tour to run.
They say the sea heals the soul, and this stunning half day coastal walk from Homunga Bay to Waihi Beach is sweet escapism in its purest form. We wind our way around the east coast of the Coromandel, along cliff edges, discovering hidden bays along Pohutakawa lined edges. Enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch on the beach, dip your toes in the water before we make our way to Waihi Beach.
Next is a visit to local award-winning Falls Retreat Bistro for a unique 'garden-to-plate' food experience, featuring fresh, seasonal morsels from the restaurant's huge garden. A glass of wine winds up our visit before we head back through the Karangahake Gorge.
Heading back inland, it's time to visit the land of blueberries and icecream! A short blueberry farm tour at the Kowhai Creamery is followed by the hardest decision you'll have to make all day. Choosing the flavour of your handmade gelato! Made from full cream jersey cow milk fed on lush Waikato pastures, the award-winning blueberry gelato is hard to beat! This experience will leave you with a satisfied soul, a sweet taste in your mouth and sweet memories.
- $395 per person
- Fully-inclusive, guided experience
- Departs: 7.30am from Hamilton
- Returns: 5.00pm to Hamilton
- Duration: 9.5 hours
- Walk/hike: 4.5 hours total
- Grade: Moderate
- Note: A minimum of 2 people are required for this tour to run